V.A. Hospital & Veteran’s Home Visits
BOTG-NY regularly visits the Northport VA and has regularly visited Walter Reed, and will continue this tradition as our warriors are transitioned to their new home in Bethesda. Not only do we offer our moral support, compassionate companionship and genuine thanks, but also more worldly comforts in the form of clothing, hygiene products, letters of support, entertainments items, and anything else they request during our visits. If you would like to help us provide for these heroes during their recovery, please check the list below for the most recently requested items. We will be happy to collect anything you donate at any of our events, and transport it down to the hospital.
Bethesda – Walter Reed:
- lap blankets
- gloves (fingerless type- for easier wheelchair use)
- Inspirational and motivating get well cards
- Clothing (gently used accepted/ clean, folded and bagged by size), new socks, underwear & t-shirts
- Phone cards.
- Toiletries (personal sized shampoo, deodorants, shave cream, razors, female personal use items, etc)
- During our Visits we bring along food in the form of a meal and snacks and “break bread” with our hospitalized Veterans, giving us a chance to know them, and let them know who we are and how we can help them upon discharge. We gladly accept any individual or establishment whop would be willing to sponsor or supply the meal on these visits.