Military Care Packages
OUR NEXT BIG PACK OUT IS AT THE EMPORIUM ON SUNDAY JANUARY 29th, 2017!!!!
We have shipped over 20,000 Boxes to Troops since our inception!
*As of July 1st 2016 we have already shipped over 5500 boxes just in 2016 alone to Our Troops serving in Harm’s way.*
Monthly Boots on the Ground NY pack Care Packages to ship to Afghanistan Iraq Korea Kuwait Turkey Africa and other remote locations.
Our usual obstacle is funding for shipping costs.
Please consider sponsoring a package or two and including a note by using the below link. Remember that the only comforts of Home the Troops receive are thru these packages.
–Sponsor A Care Package–
Blessed to be partnered with Patriots & Supporters of the Troops, we have collection crates out in the community which allow these packages to be filled as rapidly as they are.
We have crates at the following locations:
- IRS Buildings in Holtsville.
- Parker Dental Associates, Smithtown
- Veteran Activity Center, Ronkonkoma
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Ronkonkoma
- East Northport Fire Dept
- Kamco Building Supply in Syosset
- Sperry Federal Credit Union in Garden City
- Synergy Fitness Clubs, 190 Broadway Garden City Park
- Peak Performance Physical Therapy, Nassau County locations
- Select My Country 96.1 Concerts.
- more spaces are added occasionally & more locations to be added soon
If you would like to enlist in this program as a collection location please click here to request a crate.
What’s inside a care package?
All the things we take for granted or that are just a short drive away at the 7-11 or CVS. The Troops we ship to rarely have access to commissaries.
We are always looking for the following to send to Our Brave Hero’s:
- PROTEIN POWDER & PROTEIN BARS (Top request!)
- K-CUPS for KEURIG MACHINES (coffee, tea, hot cocoa)
- POWDER DRINK MIX (Gatorade, Kool-Aid, Crystal Light)
- TUNA & CHICKEN SALAD (in foil pouches, or ready-to-eat kits
- BEEF JERKY / SLIM JIMS• SUNFLOWER SEEDS & PUMPKIN SEEDS
- CHOCOLATE PRODUCTS – only OCT. through FEB (it will melt in high temperatures!)
- Wheat Thins / Ritz Crackers• Granola Bars / Power Bars / Cereal Bars / Cliff Bars
- Fig Newton’s, Oreos, Cheese & Crackers – Small Packs
- Trail Mix, Dried Fruit, Granola, Fruit Roll-Ups / Fruit By The Foot / Fruit Gummies
- NUTS: Peanuts, Mixed Nuts (salted preferred)
- MICROWAVE FOOD (Chef-Boy-R-Dee, stews, etc.)
- Rice Krispie Treats (Store-bought only)
- Little Debbie’s & Hostess cake products
- Cereal (Small, individual boxes)
- Condiments, Spices; Sugar; Salad Dressing (no glass jars)
- Caffeinated energy gum or candy (to stay alert)
- Lip Balm / Chap Stick / Carmex / Blistex
- Body Wash, Liquid Soap, Facial Cleanser
- Hair Gel / Combs / Brushes / Bobby Pins (in original packaging, please)
- Deodorant (travel size) / Shaving Cream in Tubes / Shaving Soap (No CANS of Shaving Cream!)
- Hand & Body Lotion / Moisturizer (travel size)
- Sunblock, SPF 45, Zinc, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera Gel • Bug Spray / DEET / Skin-So-Soft
- Mouthwash (travel size) / Breath Mints / Breath Strips
- Lozenges / Cough Drops
- Loufa Sponges / Buff Puffs
- Nail files / Emery Boards / Nail Clippers
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Moleskin & Shoe Insole Cushions (gel kind is best)
- Tylenol, Motrin, Advil or Aspirin Packets (Please check expiration dates)
- Eye Drops / Visine / Nasal Spray
- iTunes Gift Cards
- DVD Movies (new or used)
- Xbox Games, PSP, PS2 & PS3 Games (new or used)
- Computer Flash Drives & Camera Memory Cards
- Portable CD players / head phones
- Electronic handheld games
- Small homemade gifts – reminders & comforts of “home”
- Small photographs or posters of scenery for their tents & walls
- Small crafts kits, scrap-booking items
- Day planners / Small, Pocket Calendars sent in Dec. & Jan.
- Crossword Puzzles Books/ Word Search Books / Math Puzzle books / MAD LIBS / Logic Problems / Sudoku)
- Yo-Yo’s, Dominoes, Poker Chips & Mats, Dice
- Board games (UNO, Othello, Checkers – travel size is great, too!)
- Nerf Footballs / Whiffle bats, balls & Mitts / Sports equipment
- Frisbees / Hacky sacks
- TOOLS (including staple guns), paint brushes, adhesive wall hooks, wall screws, small tool kits, rubber gloves, sponges, unused rags, etc.
- Dust masks, carpentry tools, Fly swatters, fly paper, mosquito netting, bug repellent in plastic pump bottles only – NO AEROSOL or PRESSURIZED CANS.
- Gun cleaning supplies (lube) such as Militec-1 & CLP
- Alarm Clocks (Small in size; wind-up or battery-operated)
- Small, portable heaters & fans (110 voltage okay)
- Water Bottles, Travel Mugs & Thermoses with Lids (for Coffee, Soup, etc.)
- Coffee Makers & Filters (110 voltage okay)
- Coffee Bean Grinders – small (electric or battery-operated)
- Microwave Ovens (55 pounds max; 110 voltage okay)
- Hot Pots – Small
- Elixir & Water Purification Tablets for Camelbacks
- Combat Application Tourniquets (black only)
- Religious booklets, small bibles, inspirational readings (recent, please)
- T-SHIRTS: Cotton green & tan under shirts – new
- SOCKS: Black, Olive Green & White (cotton or wool)
- Keurig Coffee Makers & “K-Cups”
- LINENS: Pillow cases, twin sheets, towels & washcloths (green & tan}
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT/ FABRIC SOFTENER SHEETS:
- FLASHLIGHTS – SMALL
- AIR FRESHENERS (standalone-not plug-in. Car types are also good)
- Fleece or Wool Blankets • Disposable Hand Warmers and Foot warmers
- Winter Hats
CARDS & LETTERS:
The troops love to hear from all of us and Mail brightens their days!
These are the MOST IMPORTANT items we can send the Troops & we can never have too many, so please keep writing!
Consider making a patriotic banner or poster to send inside one of our care packages!
If you know of a Service Member overseas, please email us their address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ship packages at the next availability. Please include their end of deployment date.
Annually we invite the community to join us for the Annual Pack Out, where the objective of the day is to pack, label and ship 1000’s of boxes.
We stand by ready with boxes and addresses. Our doors open and the community responds with bags and boxes of items to ship to the Troops.
After a few hours we are all standing over pallets stacked and loaded ready to be shipped. This is our way of thanking the Troops and showing them we know where they are and we are thinking about them.
- Already in 2016 we have shipped over 5500 care packages
- At the BIG pack out in January of 2016 over 1300 supporters showed up with tons of supplies resulting in over 3400 care packages. but collected enough additional supplies at this event to pack another 900 boxes the following weekend.
- In 2015 we have shipped over 3500 Care Packages
- In 2014 we shipped over 5000 care packages to Our Troops
- In November of 2014 we packed and shipped over 1860 boxes in one afternoon!!!!
- In January 2014 we packed and shipped 901 boxes in one afternoon
- In January 2013 we packed and shipped 620 boxes in one evening
- In February 2012 we packed and shipped over 1600 boxes in one evening
- In January 2011 we packed and shipped over 450 boxes in one evening
These numbers do not include the packages that go out twice a month from our weekly Veteran peer group
On behalf of the Troops serving in Harm’s Way, We Thank You,.
January of 2016 had over 1300 participants and many more that just dropped off supplies without stepping inside, the line to gain entry wrapped around the back of the building. The donated supplies packed 2700 packages inside the Emporium and due to time we had to call in a tractor trailer just to pick up the supplies we didn’t pack which packed another 1300 care packages at a later date at the VAC!
LET’S DO IT AGAIN!!!!
But well need sponsors – goal $50,000.00 to cover cost of shipping,
It’s all about the Troops – Military Care Package Donation Drive
All Age Family Friendly event!
Sunday January 29th, 2017
at the Emporium, 9 Railroad Ave, Patchogue.
11am till 9 pm. Free buffet. Live music, DJ, 50/50, Silent Auctions.
$10 suggested donation at the door to which helps to fund shipping costs for the care packages.
This event is All about Our Troops. Not only will we be collecting items but also sorting donations, packing boxes, along with making cards at the Kid Activity Area,
There’s only so many ways we can show Our Troops that we support what they are doing, a care package filled with all the little things from Home seem to be the best way.
To show our appreciation to the Men and Women serving, we suggest bringing items that can be shipped to the Troops. Or making a donation to cover shipping costs.
We also need…….
We have dog handlers requesting items for their canine troops.
Dog treats, snack, toys, balls, nylabone, wipes, leashes, collars, flea collars. We are also always accepting dog food for canine buddies of local veterans.
So we can use some shipping sponsorships. Any donations are tax deductible, Boots is a tax exempt IRS recognized 501c19 charity. Donations can be made on our website at www.BootsonthegroundNY.com/donate or can be mailed with a check payable to Boots on the Ground NY, PO Box 675 Bellport NY 11713, with care package event in the memo line.
To sponsor a package –
We are also looking for event sponsors.
By having your business sponsor, you’ll get a VIP table booth that overlooks the stage show at the Emporium, be able to hang banners at the event, and if you get involved early your business logo will be on the 15,000 flyers that go out. Sponsor donation for this package is starting at $750. please contact Frank for more details FrankB@bootsonthegroundny.com . Your donation is tax deductible.
Sponsorship for this event helps cover the costs of…….
$50,000 plus for shipping cost to get packages overseas to places Afghanistan, Korea, Turkey, Africa & Iraq.
This event is about one thing and one thing only and that is about Supporting Our Military while they are at War.
Please Support the Troops with Boots on the Ground NY on Sunday January 29th at the Emporium in Patchogue!
US Army, Service-Connected Disabled Veteran
Boots on the Ground NY, President / Founder
(A tax exempt 501c19 Veteran organization -ID #27-4279559)
Mail Address: PO Box 675 Bellport NY 11713
Veteran Activity Center: 2184 Pond Road (unit A-4) Ronkonkoma NY 11779
VAC: 631-615-2200 Email: FrankB@BootsontheGroundNY.com